First free 15 minutes
- Contact details form (including GP info and emergency contact)
- Medical History form
- Initial Consultation - a chance for me to gain a better understanding on why you have come for a session, whether it a specific injury or a body MOT!
Other information I will need to know will include any previous history of injury, any other health practitioners you have visited, your work and hobbies and other lifestyle implications.
- Postural Assessment (ideally in your underwear, but if you are not comfortable with this then a tshirt and shorts will also be fine)
- Movement Assessment (this could include how your walk, sit down, or other movements in relation to why you are seeing me)
- Treatment Plan (I will give you a brief overview of what I plan to do with you when you're on the table)
- The Session (I will use a variety of techniques -
Muscle Energy Techniques, Soft Tissue and Myofascial Release, Active Stretching, ROM Testing, Trigger Point Therapy, FMT2 Rocktape)
At the End of Session (I will show you some home-care stretches and exercises that will further improve what we have been working on. I will also email you videos of the same exercises so that you will not forget them via www.exercise-lab.co.uk.)
After the Session (Ensure you drink lots of water. This will help to flush through anything that has been introduced into your blood stream from the treatment of the soft tissues. You are likely to feel sore or achey the next day. Try to refrain from any strenuous exercise for 24-48 hours whilst your body acclimatises to the new changes.)